If as an Australian, you are looking for overseas cosmetic surgery, you will hear tales about plastic surgery tourism where you get a chance to have fun with girls while getting some work done. The colourful brochures with the sun, resting on the beach, and cheaper costs may lure you to run for it.
But, before you fall for this here are some valuable tips…
Word of caution from Experts
If you have plans to go for overseas options for rhinoplasty, breast implants, etc., then here is the word of advice from the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
As per them, there are numerous cases of Australians that have gone overseas by dropping the local surgeons in Sydney or elsewhere in Australia and have come back with complications. The sad part is that such instances are rising. The BAPRAS also shares the similar sentiments. As per both these agencies, the main reasons for such developments are many, but the primary ones are as follows:
- The plastic surgery industry abroad is not properly regulated.
- The complication rate for Australians going out is almost 2 in 10 persons and is rising by the day.
- Most of the times there is no legal recourse available for patients.
- The result is costly post surgery alternatives at home that practically neutralize the initial cheaper costs.
- For after surgery care and support, it’s hard and expensive to get local help.
So, to be on the safer side, it is best to opt for local options. But in case you still insist to try the overseas options of cosmetic surgery then here are the 5 recommendations that you must follow to remain safe:
- Check to make sure that the surgeon who is doing breast implant surgery etc is a member of the ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery). It gives them some organized credentials to work in the field.
- Check for the qualifications and experience of the surgeon. Do not present yourself as the guinea pig for their learning and experiments.
- Check to make sure that the equipment, medicines, and procedures used by them qualify the Australian Standards. Rhinoplasty or any such surgery in Australia has to be compliant with the strict safety standards of TGA.
- Check for the facilities to take care of post operative problems or care. It is better if they have an association with some renowned surgeons in Sydney or at other places in Australia, to take care of such post operation needs.
Besides above piece of advice, we suggest you opt for an overseas surgeon who is known to your close friend or relatives with positive experiences. Alternatively, there cannot be a better bet than first trying your options in Australia. If you do so seriously; you can be sure that there is no need to go for an overseas option for cosmetic surgery. Australia has the best and state-of-art most modern facilities worked by highly qualified surgeons… To make you look “Even more Beautiful… Forever”