Soups are usually served as appetizers, while some of the heavy recipes can be taken as a part of the main course, as well. Nevertheless, not everyone is fond of soups, especially the bland ones, which is why we have listed 7 reasons to have more.
- You can eat your veggies easily. Even adults don’t always love having veggies, and if you are one of them, you can easily make a broth using all options available at home.
- Soups are warming. What can be more relaxing than a cup of hot soup on a chilly winter morning?
- You can lose weight. Just skip the fat-based soups or recipes that have cheese, extra salt and butter, and you can easily shed a few extra pounds.
- Try a number of recipes. Check websites like Soup Maker Guide, and you can try a bunch of different concoctions, depending on what you love.
- Inexpensive for everyone. No matter the budget, you can easily order or make a bowl of soup. Tomato soup or corn soup is probably the easiest mix you can make.
- Great for busy people. Just throw in all the veggies in a slow cooker, and you can have the meal ready by the time you hit home in the evening.
- You can cook with leftovers. Have spare veggie recipe at home? Add some water, chicken and beans with required salt and butter, and your food is ready to be served.
Tips for having great soups
First and foremost, avoid using the same recipe or veggies every day, because soon you would get bored of it. Add some greens to your soups – think of spinach, parsley, coriander and kale, which ups the nutrient contents considerably. It is also important that you include some form of protein each day, especially if you are having the soup as a complete meal. Think of tuna, seafood, chicken – which are the best options compared to red meats. Do not add a lot of salt to your soups, and if you are trying to lose weight, consider having less of butter, clarified butter, cheese and other fats that are usually added to soups. Homemade soups are always better, because you get to control what you eat, which is a big advantage of sorts for people who have a busy life.
Also, do get a soup maker at home, which will ease your life considerably!